Fri, 04 Sept|
Triumph over Complex Trauma (Level 2)
This event is postponed until we have the all clear on Covid-19 Level 2 of the Triumph over Trauma practitioner training program. This is a 3 day training that requires level 1 completion as prerequisite for attending.
Time & Location
04 Sept 2020, 10:00 am AEST – 06 Sept 2020, 2:00 pm AEST
Melbourne, Melbourne VIC, Australia
About the Event
Participants will gain skills and experience in a suite of trauma therapies, tools, assessments and strategies for treating trauma and complex trauma. Building onthe knowledge and skills gained in Triumph over Trauma Level 1, participants will learn how to work with early attachment trauma, complex trauma, personality splitting and structural dissociation to create internal cohesion and restructure identity.
The course is structured to comply with Australian Psychology Board guidelines for Continuing Professional Development. It covers the following topics
- Theory: A comprehensive understanding of modern neuro-affective trauma theory, including complex trauma theory. The theory component offers a holistic model of trauma and traumatic symptoms as adaptive responses to aversive events, consistent with Trauma Informed Principles and the Power, Threat, Meaning Framework of metal health.
- Assessment: How to safely assess for structural dissociation and pre-verbal trauma and how to work with personality adaptations (aggression, avoidance, helplessness, appeasement, addiction and dissociation) to create new adaptive responses in clients.
- Planning and Formulation: How to structure an effective intervention, choose the appropriate therapies and communicate that to a client in a way that empowers their buy-in
- Skills: A suite of Therapeutic Responses including
- Memory reconsolidation approaches to trauma
- Parts work - methods and models for working with internalised and conflicted 'parts' of a person's psychology including ego reconciliation, imaginal conferencing, gestalts and psychodrama.
The program is designed and facilitated by Adam Blanch, an Australian Registered Psychologist with more than 30 years experience in providing individual and group trauma treatment, employing over 30 treatment approaches.
This is an experiential skills training that requires participants to engage as both the client and the therapist in all processes using real world experience for processing. Participants must be practicising therapists (social worker, psychologist, psychotherapist, counsellor, allied health professional) with a minimum of two years training and experience. Participants must not be under the influence of psychoactive substances or have experiencied active psychosis within a 12 month period prior to participation.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided
- All materials are provided
Early Upgrade Package
This price applies for those booking their place within one week of completing the Triumph over Trauma Level 1 training
this price applies to those who have missed the early upgrade package but have booked before the 3oth of June 2020
Full price applies after the 1st of July 2020. triumph over Trauma level 1 is a prerequisite that must have been completed.