Triumph over Trauma - Practitioner Training Lvl 1
Time & Location
About the Event
There is a re-emerging understanding that most mental health issues arise from unresolved trauma and the way people adapt to their developmental history and trauma. Many of the 'diagnoses' that we prescribe are better understood as coping mechanisms for unresolved trauma memories. The good news is that trauma memories aren't all that difficult to resolve, and don't require a great deal of painful re-exposure or re-experiencing to be succesfully integrated. This course provides you with a deep understanding of what trauma is and why it hasn't resolved, and a suite of proven tools to effectively help your clients not only triumph over their trauma but turn it into growth and empowerment.
This is our level 1 practitioner training that will equip you to safely and effectively deliver brief trauma interventions to most people who are suffering from simple trauma, acute trauma and multiple traumas. This training does not fully equip you to work with complex trauma presentations where there is significant personality distortion, ego fragmentation or dissociative symptoms (level 2 does) but it provides the foundations for complex trauma work.
The course is structured to comply with Australian Psychology Board guidelines for Continuing Professional Development. It covers the following topics
- Theory: A comprehensive understanding of modern neuro-affective trauma theory. The theory component offers a holistic model of trauma and traumatic symptoms as adaptive responses to aversive events, consistent with Trauma Informed Principles and the Power, Threat, Meaning Framework of mental health.
- Assessment: How to safely get everything you need to know in one session, including their relevant history, adaptations to trauma, coping behaviours, core schemas, goals and barriers to success without over-activating the client.
- Planning and Formulation: How to structure an effective intervention, choose the appropriate therapies and communicate that to a client in a way that empowers their buy-in
- Skills: Therapeutic Responses including
- Narrative Reauthoring for single and multiple traumas including narrative timeline work
- Timeline Therapy (NLP) and associated imaginal intervention techniques
- Flash Technique to manage intense distress
This training is a prerequisite to Triumph over Complex Trauma (level 2).
The program is designed and facilitated by Adam Blanch, an Australian Registered Psychologist with more than 30 years experience in providing individual and group trauma treatment, employing over 30 treatment approaches.
This is an experiential skills training that requires participants to engage as both the client and the therapist in all processes using real world experience for processing. Participants must be practicising therapists (social worker, psychologist, psychotherapist, counsellor, allied health professional) with a minimum of two years training and experience. Participants must not be under the influence of psychoactive substances or have experiencied active psychosis within a 12 month period prior to participation.
The course will be offered in Melbourne close to the city. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea is provided.
- Early Bird$295$2950$0
- Full price$350$3500$0